This design is a poster concept for my Class project, "the effects of gun violence".
According to the brief we're suppose to communicate the effects of gun violence in society (toronto).
It has to be able to stand alone (without type) and communicate its message.
I'm hoping this one is more sucessful that the previous one. The idea is to communicate that gun violence can break a city down you know. Think of it, killling of the innocent whether it be youth, business people, etc it affects the economy of any city.
So, the hands and guns up top depicts a rise in gun violence in Toronto. The blood running down should communicate:
1. breaking down of the city.
2. innocent people dying.
The sillhouttes reinforce that idea of people dying.
Ok, so I've edited this a bit.
1. I changed the typography made it apart of the design like @shutdown
2. I added a background texture like `duhcoolies
suggested in hopes to get more of that violent emotion.
1. Try to add some depth by giving the hands some shadows.
2. Added bullet holes which makes it seem more violent.
3. Added lighting behind the CN Tower silhoutte to highlight it because people seem to miss the fact that the cityscape is Toronto.
3. The type was aligned better in perfect angle with the gun.